2022 Toyota 4Runner Towing Capacity: How Much Can A Toyota 4Runner Tow?
The Toyota 4Runner is one of the top high-performance SUVs that can be found on the roads of Lehi today. The 4Runner is an off-road SUV that can handle to heaviest Provo traffic and the most rugged rural terrain without slowing you down. A true adventure vehicle that can compete with the best of them, the 4Runner is also capable of heavy-duty towing and hauling tasks—and in fact, many of our customers ask us how much a Toyota 4Runner can tow.
Whether you’re buying a 2022 model or a 2021 model, the max Toyota 4Runner V6 towing capacity is 5,000 pounds. Find out how much a Toyota 4Runner can tow in all configurations with this guide brought to you by the specialists at Brent Brown Toyota! Apply for financing with our finance center to start the buying process today.
2022 Toyota 4Runner Towing Features & Engine Specs
The towing features available for the 2022 4Runner can increase this SUV’s capabilities if you’re a true adventurer. To achieve the max towing capacity, you’ll need to equip your 4Runner with:
- 4.0L V6 Engine: With this engine under its hood, the Toyota 4Runner delivers enough power to tow up to 5,000 pounds—enough for a wide range of trailer types, small- to medium-sized motorized boats, and small campers. It produces 270 hp and 278 lb-ft of torque.
- Integrated Towing Hitch Receiver: The Toyota 4Runner SUV’s integrated tow hitch makes it more functional than many in its segment.
- Wiring Harness with 4- & 7-Pin Connectors: With the wiring harness and connectors, you can connect your trailer lights more easily. This will help make towing on Draper roads safer at night.
2022 Toyota 4Runner V6 Towing Capacity vs. The Competition
The Toyota 4Runner isn’t the only affordable midsize SUV with towing prowess. The 4Runner has competition, but its rivals simply don’t come close! Check out how the towing capacity of the 4Runner compares to other SUVs:
- 2021/2022 Toyota 4Runner SR5 FWD: 5,000 pounds
- 2021 Honda Pilot LX FWD: 3,500 pounds
- 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4×2: 3,500 pounds
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4-Door Sport: 3,500 pounds
Test Drive The 2022 Toyota 4Runner For Sale at Brent Brown Toyota
If you’re impressed with what the 4Runner can offer you, visit our Orem dealership and experience it for yourself with a test drive. Calculate your monthly auto payments to find a new 4Runner in our inventory that fits your budget today!
More from Brent Brown Toyota
2023 Toyota Camry Interior
The latest Toyota Camry is designed to make driving in Provo and the nearby communities extra comfortable. Learn all about the Toyota Camry interior with us at Brent Brown Toyota, including the stunning array of interior colors to select from. If you think the new Camry is ideal for your driving needs, we suggest taking a test…
2023 Toyota RAV4 Trim Levels
The latest Toyota RAV4 offers numerous trim levels to select from, including those that do not fully rely on gas! To help you to determine what’s ideal for your driving needs in Provo, we at %Brent Brown Toyota created the following Toyota RAV4 trim level guide. New Toyota RAV4 InventoryMore Toyota Information Each of the…
What is The Price of a Toyota RAV4?
Thinking about upgrading to a compact crossover SUV instead of buying another sedan? The Toyota RAV4 could be exactly what you need for navigating Provo and the surrounding areas. So what is the price of a Toyota RAV4? The starting MSRP for the RAV4 base level is $27,975 and there are six total trim levels….
0 comment(s) so far on 2022 Toyota 4Runner Towing Capacity: How Much Can A Toyota 4Runner Tow?