What is Toyota Bluetooth Pairing?
Toyota is known for creating innovative technology features that leave the competition in the dust, which is why many Provo drivers will enjoy the Bluetooth® connectivity across the new Toyota model lineup. Bluetooth® pairing combines your Toyota Entune™ Multimedia System with iPhone® and Android® models to offer:
- Hands-Free Calling
- Access Phonebook
- Music Streaming
Brent Brown Toyota has your guide to Bluetooth® pairing and the advantages this technology features has to offer.
How to Connect Your Phone to Toyota Bluetooth®
Do you need assistance with Toyota Bluetooth® troubleshooting? The Brent Brown Toyota service center is here to help! If you have a compatible smartphone and a new Toyota vehicle with Bluetooth®, follow the instructions below:
- Turn On Smartphone Bluetooth®: Go to the settings, select Bluetooth®, and make sure it’s turned on.
- Activate Bluetooth® on the Toyota Entune™ Multimedia System: Press “SETUP” on the multimedia system faceplate, select Bluetooth®, then select “ADD,” which will add the smartphone.
- Select Your Toyota on Your Smartphone: Lehi drivers can now choose your vehicle in your smartphone’s Bluetooth® settings. You may need to enter the provided Bluetooth® PIN.
- Enable Access: Allow Toyota Entune access to messaging and contacts.
Having errors or not seeing your device on your Toyota Entune system? We’ve listed some common causes for Toyota Bluetooth® troubleshooting below.
Toyota Bluetooth® Troubleshooting
Sometimes connecting your phone to your Toyota can be tricky, and you may find that after you turn on your Toyota your phone is not shown on your multimedia screen or your phone notifications will not show up on your Toyota Entune screen. If you’re looking for Toyota Bluetooth® troubleshooting, we’ve outlined some causes and solutions below:
There are several reasons why your phone would not appear on your Toyota’s multimedia screen. Here’s what to do for each:
- The vehicle’s Bluetooth® setting may not be enabled. To check this feature go to menu > setup > Bluetooth® > detailed settings > and verify that Bluetooth® power is turned on.
- Make sure that your phone’s Bluetooth® option is turned on, you can turn on Bluetooth® in your phone’s settings.
- If there are 5 devices already registered on your Toyota, a new Bluetooth® connection will not be made. Use the same steps above to check which devices are registered on your Toyota, and then remove an old device to pair your new one.
- If there are two connected devices paired at the same time, one may be selected as audio-only. To fix this, go to the Bluetooth® menu and select “registered devices”. Here you can select which device you’d like to have enabled for phone or music settings by pressing the appropriate icon.
If your phone pairs with your Toyota correctly, but your Toyota will not alert you to new messages or phone calls, follow these steps:
- Check your phone permissions. A lot of Toyota Bluetooth® troubleshooting is caused by the phone itself. Go into your phone’s settings to ensure that push notifications for calls and messages from your preferred app are enabled beside your connected vehicle’s name.
If you continue to have problems, you may need to reset your phone or your Entune system:
- To reset your phone, power off your phone completely for 30 seconds, and turn it back on. Be sure you’re powering off your phone and not just restarting it.
- To reset the Entune System, press and hold the audio knob to power off the system and Entune will power off and restart on its own.
There are many makes and models of phones that are available on the market, and because of this, not every device could be compatible with your Toyota vehicle. If you’re having continued trouble with Toyota Bluetooth® troubleshooting, contact your Brent Brown Toyota Toyota dealer. It could be that your Toyota needs a software upgrade to enable your phone’s connectivity, or it could be a more serious problem.
Why Utilize the Toyota Bluetooth® Pairing?
With Bluetooth® Draper drivers will have total access to the most important functions on their phone while on the road. There are so many benefits to offering this feature, which includes:
- Handsfree Calling: With the press of the voice command button on your steering wheel, and you’re free to make hands-free calls so you don’t have to take your eyes off the road or your hands off the wheel.
- Access Phonebook: Toyota vehicles have a touchscreen display that allows you to go through your contacts and make phone calls. If the address is saved, you are able to navigate there without having to add it manually.
- Stream Music: If your smartphone has an MP3/WMA player, Lehi drivers can stream their favorite songs through their vehicle’s speakers. Say goodbye to annoying wires, and enjoy listening from either online sources or downloaded music.
Visit Brent Brown Toyota For Further Assistance
Do you need additional assistance or Toyota Entune™ support? Visit the Orem service center where our Toyota-trained mechanics will assist with your Toyota Bluetooth® troubleshooting. Give us a call today with any questions or to schedule a service appointment. We can also help drivers set up Apple CarPlay!