2017 Toyota Camry vs. 2017 Toyota Corolla
If you’re looking for the perfect Toyota sedan to get you around South Jordan, you might be trying to choose between the 2017 Toyota Camry and the 2017 Toyota Corolla. See how these cars stack up against each other with Brent Brown Toyota.
Power and Performance
The 2017 Toyota Camry features a choice of two powerful engines. The 2.5L 4-cylinder engine produces 178 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque, getting up to 33 mpg highway, while the 3.5L V6 engine produces an impressive 268 hp and 248 lb-ft of torque, getting up to 30 mpg highway. The re-calibrated shocks and taut suspension offers sporty precision handling and spirited performance, while its wider track provides agile rides and excellent control even at high speeds. Vortex generators placed at key points in the exterior design reduce turbulence and make your ride smooth and satisfying on Salt Lake City roads.
The 2017 Toyota Corolla uses a single compact 1.8L 4-cylinder engine. The standard engine produces 132 hp and 128 lb-ft of torque, getting a truly impressive mileage of up to 36 mpg highway. Opt for the same engine with Valvematic technology, and you’ll get an engine that produces up to 140 hp and 126 lb-ft of torque, getting a truly impressive 40 mpg highway.
Interior and Features
Beyond the engines, these two Toyota sedans also sport lovely, comfortable interiors, with a bevy of features and sharp design touches tailored to their specific audiences. The 2017 Toyota Camry is all about tech and convenience: its 8-way power-adjustable heated driver’s seat and steering wheel-mounted controls make driving easy and intuitive, and the available JBL GreenEdge audio system offers rich, clear sound from ten speakers. On the other side, the 2016 Toyota Avalon dedicates itself to luxury accouterments and sharp style. Its lovingly crafted leather-trimmed seats come standard, and higher trims offer heating and cooling as well. The Avalon also has an available ambient lighting system, lending the cabin a soft atmosphere while highlighting features like cup holders and door handles for easier access in the dark. Both vehicles provide a smooth, quiet cabin experience and plenty of interior room, so no matter which you go for, you can rest assured that you and your passengers are in for a lovely and comfortable ride.
The 2017 Toyota Camry includes:
- A premium 10-speaker JBL audio system with a standard amplifier for crystal-clear sound
- Leather-clad and suede front sport seats with bolsters that cradle and protect you as you go around even the tightest curves, with driver lumbar support for your comfort and health even on long rides
- Leather and piano black ergonomic gear shift knob
- Two twelve-volt DC power outlets to make it easier to charge your devices as you drive
The 2017 Toyota Corolla includes:
- Standard adaptive cruise control, which uses a special sonar camera to detect the distance of the vehicle ahead of you. If your following distance begins to shrink, your vehicle automatically slows down to drive with the flow of traffic
- Standard cargo tie-downs to keep your gear in the back from shifting and sliding
- Standard lane-departure warning, which uses special cameras to keep track of where your car is on your lane, and alerts you via visual and audio warnings if you begin to drift from the center of the lane without signaling first
- Front fog and driving lights that easily cut through the gloom of a misty Draper day
- Two-speed continuously variable transmission, which automatically runs through an array of gears to find the perfect throttle setting for your power and terrain