2016 Toyota RAV4 vs. 2016 Kia Sportage
Looking for the perfect compact SUV to take you and your family off-roading or on the go in and around Salt Lake City? You might be trying to decide between the 2016 Toyota RAV4 and the 2016 Kia Sportage. Which one of these rugged vehicles has all of the feature and exciting drive that you want? Decide with this handy comparison guide from Brent Brown Toyota today!
The 2016 Toyota RAV4 features a powerful 2.5L 4-cylinder engine. It uses dual variable valve timing with intelligence to maximize performance while boosting the fuel economy of the RAV4, creating 176 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque. It uses a six-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with Intelligence to get a fuel efficiency of up to 31 mpg highway. You can also opt for paddle shifters, which are mounted on the steering wheel to make it easy for you to shift gears without having to take your hands off the wheel or your eyes off the road for quicker gear changes and a spirited drive. The all-wheel drive system comes with dynamic torque control, which continually monitors the engine power and constantly distributes it between the rear and front wheels for optimal traction.
You’ll also have additional driving modes that help you customize your performance; Eco mode drives with maximal fuel economy, while the Sport mode sends power to your wheels for a more spirited drive. Finally, the RAV4’s suspension has been upgraded for a smoother and more comfortable ride, with a sport-tuned suspension on the SE trim level that includes bright blue shocks for a more spirited and responsive performance.
The 2016 Kia Sportage features a choice of two engines. The base engine is a 2.0L 4-cylinder engine, which uses turbocharged direction injection for extra speed when you need it, producing 180 hp and 176 lb-ft of torque. You’ll also get a choice between front-wheel drive and an all-wheel drive system. However, this engine only gets 26 mpg highway, significantly less than the RAV’s standard engine. You can also choose the larger 2.4L 4-cylinder engine, which produces an impressive 260 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque but only gets an unimpressive 25 mpg highway.
The 2016 Toyota RAV4 has plenty of up to date features for connectivity, safety, comfort, and convenience that make your drive around the Salt Lake City easier and better in every way. However, the 2016 Kia Sportage doesn’t have all of these same features; some of them are only available as pricey add-ons when they come standard on the RAV4, or they may not be available at all on the Sportage for any price. See what you’ll get with the 2016 Toyota RAV4:
- Standard interior compass to help you figure out where you’re going when you’re flying solo
- Adaptive cruise control that uses radar sensors to determine how quickly the car ahead of you is moving when your cruise control is enabled, slowing your car automatically when the car ahead of you slows in order to avoid a potential collision
- Sport seats with eight-way power adjustment and driver’s side memory for your comfort, with bolsters that cradle you and keep you limber on long rides for your comfort and safety
- Standard driver knee airbags that provide extra cushioning and safety for your lower body in case of a collision
- LED low and high beam headlamps that cast a brighter and clearer light than traditional halogen bulbs with only a fraction of the energy use
- Standard lane departure warning that monitors the lane lines on the road and alerts you if you’re drifting over the double yellow line or if you’re drifting without having put on the blinkers
- Standard blind spot sensors which use radar to determine when a vehicle or other obstacle is in your blind spot and uses a tone and visual alarm to alert you
- Black body side moldings for a sporty and attractive look, with a body-colored grille trim with chrome accents
- Power lift gate that opens with just the push of a button, making it easy to load in gear even with your arms full
Get Your 2016 Toyota RAV4 Today
Are you ready to invest in your 2016 Toyota RAV4 for your on-road and off-road adventures in the South Jordan area? Brent Brown Toyota can help! Take a test drive of the 2016 Toyota RAV4 with us when you call us today at (801) 224-1320, and then come see us at 1400 S Sandhill Road in Orem to see how smoothly and powerfully your next 2016 Toyota RAV4 rides!