2017 Toyota RAV4 vs. 2017 Ford Escape
2017 Toyota RAV4
2017 Ford Escape
Smart and Spacious Interior
The 2017 Toyota RAV4 hits all the bases to become a stellar compact SUV, outpacing even closer rivals like the 2017 Ford Escape with surprising ease. That superiority is down to cutting-edge technology and a cabin designed to accommodate everything from weekend adventures with your friends to school-runs with your kids.
Just take a look at the interior, which offers Best-in-Class cargo dimensions beyond the reach of the Ford Escape:
- Standard Cargo Space: Up to 38.4 cubic feet in the Toyota RAV4 vs. 34.3 cubic feet in the Ford Escape.
- Maximum Cargo Space: Up to 73.4 cubic feet in the Toyota RAV4 vs. 68 cubic feet in the Ford Escape.
The Toyota also makes use of available SofTex upholstery, a smart synthetic leather that’s easy to clean and resistant to stains – the perfect touch for a family vehicle.
Stronger Available Technology
Both the new Toyota RAV4 and the 2017 Ford Escape bring together plenty of standard features, but the Ford lacks many of the Toyota’s more coveted options, including:
- Entune® App Suite: Enjoy access to popular apps through your touchscreen. Check for local shops using Yelp. Make restaurant bookings using OpenTable®. Use Facebook Places to stay connected. Further select apps include iHeartRadio, MovieTickets.com, Destination Search, and Slacker Radio.
- Bird’s Eye View Camera: Multiple cameras positioned around the vehicle combine to create a 360-degree bird’s-eye view of the RAV4 and its surrounding area.
Superior Safety as Standard
If you’re still unsure about whether to pick a Toyota RAV4 or a Ford Escape, the former’s list of driver assistance technologies is likely to change your mind. The following Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P) features are equipped as standard across all models:
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Automatic High Beams
Those features either command a high price or aren’t offered at all with the Ford Escape.
The Ford Escape Loses Ground Before the Toyota RAV4
The Ford Escape is one of the top compact SUVs on the market, but it still can’t match the Toyota RAV4. Whether you’d like to schedule a test drive or explore financing options, the team here at Brent Brown Toyota is always ready and willing to be of assistance.