2017 Toyota Tacoma vs. 2017 Ford F-150
2017 Toyota Tacoma
2017 Ford F-150
When you think “utility,” the Toyota Tacoma or Ford F-150 may be the first vehicles to spring to mind. The 2017 Toyota Tacoma and 2017 Ford F-150 are two of the most dynamic pickup trucks on the market today. If you’ve got your sights set on one or the other, we encourage you to take a closer look at our comparison below. You might be surprised to learn what either truck offers—or doesn’t offer—for its MSRP!
Price and Warranties
Affordability and ongoing warranty coverage are musts for many truck drivers, especially if they’re on the hunt for a solid work-only truck. The 2017 Toyota Tacoma and 2017 Ford F-150 are both backed by a 60-month/60,000-mile powertrain warranty and a 36-month/36,000-mile basic warranty, meaning you’ll enjoy comprehensive protection now, and down the road. The Toyota Tacoma, however, is a bit easier on the wallet; it has a base price of $24,320* MSRP, while the 2017 Ford F-150 starts much higher at $27,110 MSRP.
As customizable pickups, the Tacoma and F-150 come with a few powertrain options, including two vigorous 3.5L V6 engines. The F-150’s V6 engine generates 282 hp and 253 lb-ft of torque, while the Tacoma’s V6 engine creates 278 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque. Both V6 engines can be paired with an automatic, as well as four-wheel drive. Again, cost plays an important role. You can get the Tacoma with a V6 engine, a double cab, and four-wheel drive for a starting MSRP of $30,895.* Similar specs will cost you about $5,000 extra with the F-150.
Whether you’re shopping for a work or family truck, you don’t have to spend a fortune for notable specs and comfort features. The Tacoma SR and Ford F-150 XL are considered the base-model trims of both lineups, but one gives you much more for your dollar. The following features are standard equipment on the new Tacoma, but are optional or unavailable for the F-150:
- Movable cleat tie-down system for the bed
- Backup camera
- GoPro camera windshield-mount
- Four-passenger seating
- Power windows
- Bluetooth handsfree telephone access
- Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
Get a Feature-Packed Pickup for Less!
Compared to the 2017 Ford F-150, the 2017 Toyota Tacoma offers a greater balance of power, handling, and features for the money. To see the Tacoma in action, schedule a test drive at Brent Brown Toyota, located at 1400 Sandhill Rd. in Orem, UT. If you have questions about our Tacoma inventory, or your financing options, contact us by phone at (801) 224-1320.
* MSRP excludes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $885 for Cars, $960 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (Sienna, CH-R, RAV4 Gas, RAV4 Hybrid, Highlander Gas, Highlander Hybrid, 4Runner and Tacoma), $1,195 for Large SUVs (Sequoia, Land Cruiser), and $1,195 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally required equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC and TX will be higher. Actual dealer price will vary.